cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! I can't connect my Powershot SX510 HS to wifi!

dixonh
Apprentice

It just says "check settings." I never get this authentication code I'm supposed to get. I've tried two public wifi spots (I'm on vacation, they're all I have) and nothing. Am I the only person having this problem with this camera???

15 REPLIES 15

Crista
Whiz

Hi dixonh!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forum! The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks!

joaniewillis
Contributor

I have the exact same problem and I'm computer savy....I can't imagine what a person with limited knowledge of software must be going through. I love a lot about this camera but the WiFi issues are tremendous!!!

I am also having this problem. I can connect via wi-fi to the PC to transfer images without problems. In the Camera Web Link Settings when I try to Authenticate I get "Busy" on-screen then a Notification to "Set Date/Time". The Date/Time are already set on the camera. I can also ping the camera from the PC when it is set to transter images to the PC, but when trying to Authenticate the ping reply is "Destination host unreachable"

Windows 7

I have the same problem here

I am wondering if the culprit is the camera or the computer

I have other devices connected to my computer so I guess this is the camera

Could there be a simple setting to switch on with the camera. Could anybody from the Canon team  help

My camera hooked up immediately and I could confirm the authenticate the camera when I took my camera and computer to my friends house and used her internet....try that. BUT NOW the Canon iMage Uploader won't work and I can't figure out how to delete the the CIG uploader from my Mac computer so that I can reinstall the program....so I still can't upload pictures to Canon Image Gateway.....

I love the camera but boy oh boy do they need to work on the internet services....

You should call Canon at this point Joan

OK, thanks John....I'll do that. I appreciate all your help.....

I just got off the phone with Canon technical support. We double checked the date/time setting on the camera and to my surprise I had the year set at 2013, but the other interesting thing was they said I had to turn ON daylight savings time. It worked and I was able to see the Authenticate code on the camera.

I know I am already posting months late to this forum, but I only just tried to run the certification with my canon 510. I am using safari on my iPad Air. Don't know if the problem is that I am using an iPad Air or what. I get the same problem as others, my camera asking me to set time and date. I have tried all combinations of daylight savings/no daylight savings, to no avail. I am currently traveling in thailand (no daylight savings) and would appreciate any help anyone can offer.
Announcements