cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! I can't connect my Powershot SX510 HS to wifi!

dixonh
Apprentice

It just says "check settings." I never get this authentication code I'm supposed to get. I've tried two public wifi spots (I'm on vacation, they're all I have) and nothing. Am I the only person having this problem with this camera???

15 REPLIES 15

Hello profamericain,

We would recommend using a different web browser to see if this issue persists.  Also check that the software is properly installed and that the camera is being paired.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

profamericain
Apprentice
Thanks. I finally realized icloud was not working with ipad, but there is a canon app for iphone and ipad, camerawindow, that worked really well.

milestanley
Apprentice

Help, I am looking for my authentication number and I am now stuck. I cant connect to the wifi. Please text me at 7148642293 the authentication. 

I bought the SX530HS, Power Shot

Tomwylie
Apprentice

I have tried following the instructions  and I get so far but the comera cannot find my mac computer 

Hi, Tomwylie!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which version of Mac OS X is running on your Mac. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by ready to help 24/7 via email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT). We also encourage you to check out our Knowledge Base at that same link for answers to common questions.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi and thanks for getting back to me. My Mac runs Mac OS Sierra 10.12.1.
I've loaded Canon Utilities- Update Checker.
I get to PBC Method, then press WPS on my Router.The camera starts shearching for divice, but fails to find it.
Announcements