cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble uploading video to Facebook. New camera and doesn't seem to want to load. Any help?

rafter1
Contributor

9 REPLIES 9

Naomi
Enthusiast

Hi rafter1!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know which model PowerShot camera you own. That way, our Canon Forum members and our Subject Matter Experts will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your camera.

Thanks!

I I have a Canon powershot elph 320.

Are you able to copy the video to your computer? Or is a specific feature in the Canon software that you're referring to that is supposed to load video directly from the camera to Facebook?

Video loaded fine to my computer, but will not complete load to Facebook.  Seems like it starts to load...very!!! slowly, but does not complete.  I left it for over an hour and it never finished.  Wondering if it's FB?

Yes, more likely its related to your internet connection or Facebook.  How big is the file (in megabytes)?

I connect to internet via Verizon DSL.  The movie is 46 sec. long - 193 MB...not extreme!  Also the file is an MVI?  Wonder if that's the problem?

Maybe its just me, but 193mb is a bit big.  Depending on the speed of your DSL, that's an upload that could take a few hours. 

MVI should be okay according to Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/218673814818907/

Thank you.  I was finally able to load it after several more tries.  Got it up from the camera directly to FB. Not sure why/that made a difference, but it's done!

baybee_1987
Apprentice

canon 300hd cant upload video to facebook...HELP....

Announcements