cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HI, My Canon A3200is Will not power on after coupling it to my computer...

Happydayz1
Contributor

11 REPLIES 11

fyigmo63
Enthusiast

Have you installed the software yet from the CD that came with your camera?  Also, have you confirmed that your battery has sufficient charge to power up the camera and/or is the battery installed properly?

Yes to all 3

Okay, next might be the memory card.  Check to see it's seated properly and the door is completely closed.  See if that does the trick.

Without more information I'm assuming that this camera is new to you but I may be wrong.  The only other thing I can think of is many cameras will not turn on when pressing the On button and connected to a computer, but rather you need to press the Playback button in order to power up the camera and transfer images, etc.  If that doesn't do it or isn't the case then I'm at a loss.

Hi, everything was working fine, I coupled to the PC as per the instructions, with the Camera OFF and pressed the arrow (Playback) button as per the instructions for upload of my images. When I pressed the button nothing happened.....

Thinking it may be a flat battery, I tried with both Batteries (I have a spare) as both were fully charged, but nothing, no power at all, nothing. After uncoupling it from the PC I tried turning it back on as normal and nothing. I was hoping that there may be a combination of button presses that may be enabled for re-setting the camera to factory conditions or original settings..... Thx

Unfortunately, the camera would have to be turned on, then you'd press the Menu button, and from there access Reset All in the Tools folder.  Unless a Canon rep has a solution for you, it looks like you may have to visit or ship your camera to a Canon service center.

Yep, that looks about the size of it. I'm not a guru, but I'm not stupid either, I'll check with the rest of the family to try and work out any other possibilities..... Thanks for your time....

Glad to do what I can to help out.  BTW, just a friendly reminder and not trying to be a nanny, but when you finally find a resolution to this issue by all means post it up to the forums.  That may well help out other A3200 owners in the future.  Best of luck to you!

OK, what would connecting the battery charger to the usb do ???

Announcements