Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

HELP. CAN YOU DOWNLOAD DIGEST MOVIES

Hi friends,

Is there a way of downloading the digest movies on a powershot G7X or can you only watch them on the camera?

Chris 

Honored Contributor

Re: HELP. CAN YOU DOWNLOAD DIGEST MOVIES

I would expect that the procedure would be identical to downloading still photos.  Have you tried it, yet?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
New Contributor

The files only download individually not as a grouped movie??

Respected Contributor

You can only get the individual files. The camera cannot join them together. I think the only time this happens is in "video snapshot" mode if you have it.

New Contributor

Thanks dude

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I think I see your confusion. These are not camcorders where you expect the video to be combined every time you start and stop the tape. On a still-camera-that-shoots-video, every time press the start/stop button you create a totally independent file. The camera does not treat files immediately adjacent in time any differently.