cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get photos from Camera to my MacProbook?

DottieNH
Apprentice

Hello; I haven't used my Powershot SX130is in over a year and recetnly used it. Now I can't remember how to get my photos from the camera to my new MacPowerbook.... what software do I need to download to connect the two? I bought a new USB cable; so I have the hardware...thx in advance!!

1 REPLY 1

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi DottieNH,

Thank you for posting.

If you're using the Apple Apps, included with your Mac OS, you may transfer images using iPhoto or the Photos App, depending on the version of operating system you have on your computer.

You may also use the Canon CameraWindow. You may access this software by clicking here. Once on our site, scroll down to "PowerShot SX130 IS" (just under a couple of photos of the camera), then click on "Drivers & Downloads.

Next, click on the [Select] button to the right of "CameraWindow DC 8.10.9a for Mac OS X", then click on the red "" link for installation instructions. To begine the download, click on the red [Download] button

You may also download and install "ImageBrowser EX for Mac OS X". If you're using Mac El Capitan or Mac Sierra, use the drop-down menu to select "OS X Yosemite v10.10". ImageBrowser EX has not been updated for El Capitan or Sierra, but will work on the newer operating systems.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements