cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G9x Mark II "Check network settings"

davidemartin
Apprentice

My PowerShot G9x Mark II can't upload to the iMAGE website or sync to Google. I get a "Check network settings" error message. I tried two different access points. I'm able to connect to my iPhone directly, so the wifi hardware is working.

Everything was working fine before, so it looks like there's a problem on the Canon server side.

6 REPLIES 6

sozinho
Apprentice

I'm having the exact same problem but with the PowerShot SX710_HS. Just started -- has worked with no problem for 2+ years. Camera can still connect to computer.

PowerCosmic
Apprentice

Having the same issue with my EOS M6.  Thought it was my wireless network but everything else seems to be working on it.  Pretty bummed and considering returning my purchase and going with a Sony instead.

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Davidemartin,

You're correct. The Canon iMAGE Gateway, which is required for the wireless transfer of images, was taken down for maintenance, however our technicians ran into difficulties requiring additional work. They are currently working to restore this service.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the reply. I suggest you post this on the Canon iMAGE Gateway web page and update the error message to say something more helpful than "Check network settings." I spent a good bit of time troubleshooting this issue and even resetting my home router assuming that my "network settings" were messed up.

I agree completely with your comment. Had I known that it wasn't a problem with my own equipment, I'd not have wasted so much time. Unfortunately, I also tried to reset my photo service settings and have wiped them all out. I had a hard enough time setting them up the first time; now I'm going to have to do it again once the server is back up.

I don't want to rail unfairly about this but I think it's bad form on Canon's part for not sending out some sort of notice. If I can get an email notification that my post here was replied to, I should get some sort of notification that certain Canon services were under maintenance. I decided to return the M6 and while I can't put the blame solely on this, it made the decision to do so a little easier. I can't imagine being a professional photographer and being left in the dark when it comes to something so essential.
Announcements