cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G9XII after G9X - got some problems

Norti
Apprentice

I have G9X and I bought the newer G9X Mark II (I know it's not much of an upgrade, but I had reasons) and there are a few problems with the MII:

1) Default colors are much less accurate comparing to the real world colors I see and the ones I get with the G9X with the same settings (again, both on its screen and the photos produced) - there is a noticeable shift to red and blue. Yes, I can make it better using the "WB correction" option and I can make photos almost identical in Lightroom post factum, but I'd prefer the camera to produce as much accurate colors as possible initially. BTW I also have Canon S100 and its colors are more accurate and closer to G9X than G9XII comparing to G9X.

2) After every shot the image I see on the screen noticeably changes after about 1sec (colors, brightness, contract, details - getting even more different to what I see in the real world) and there's no such thing with G9X using the same settings (there are some differences in options these 2 have, but I tried to play with them with no luck).

3) There is a noticeable noise in the videos I get with G9XII if I zoom-in during filming and no such noise with G9X, see the comparison:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yx7jfwdzsqd1oix/G9X.MP4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8qk0ftx8k5qzh5/G9XII.MP4?dl=0

Funny thing is that both cameras produce that noise and it's easy to hear outside if I put my ear closely, but somehow the G9X's mic doesn't pick it up or this one has some filter removing it, whatever, but there is no such noise in the videos my G9X produces. I heard a lot of people had this problem with G7X and using MF instead of AF helped them, but it doesn't work with my G9XII at all (as well as wind filter and other video related options).

If anyone else have/had both of them or just the newer one could you please confirm if you have the same problems? I'm trying to find out if those are common problems to all MII's or I just got a defective camera and it's worth trying to replace it (which is going to be a problem).

1 REPLY 1

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Norti,

Thank you for posting.

I recommend contacting our Technical Support team for assistance. You may reach them by calling 800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements