cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G9X Questions

wpascarelli
Apprentice

Hello,

I have been using Canon point & shoot cameras for the last 8 years or so. I just purchased a G9X after using an S110 for a while. So far I am enjoying it, however I have a couple of questions.

Is there any way to get  a more customized shooting information display? Currently the only options I see are to choose between 3 pre-configured screens of information. In other cameras like the S110 I can choose to make the "Program" Mode screen look more like how the "Auto" Mode looks in the G9X. However I cannot do that on this camera, I have to either accept it having several extra icons on the screen that I dont want, or having a totally blank screen with no information on it. I assume there is no way to get it the way I want, but I just want to make sure Im not missing something.

Also, is there any reason why the Auto mode on the G9X wont allow Superfine images (or "sL" or whatever its called)? Or is there a way to make it to use Superfine/sL? I have set it in the camera settings to use Superfine, and it does in other camera modes, but when I switch to Auto, it only shoots in Fine ("L"). 

7 REPLIES 7

newsense52
Rising Star

Is the letter "s" is encircled with a quadrant of a circle? - this means superfine compression ratio image quality?

Is the letter "L" is large paper size of 15 M recording pixel? - this means size of  print size 

To change those press func/set button and use arrows to move and press ok buttton to change.

Need more info for first question you have.

For my question about Superfine, what Im trying to say is that Superfine is not selectable in Auto mode. I can select it in Program mode. But then when I switch to Auto mode the S goes away and it is no longer Superfine. 

My first question I want to know if I can customize the icons that appear on the screen. I only see an option to customize it a very minimal amount. I want to be able to have only a few icons on my screen. In Auto mode, I can have the screen the way I want it. But in Program modes, there are too many icons on the screen and I cannot find any way to get rid of them. 

I dont know what more information you need. 

At auto mode - reset the camera from tool tab menu to regain the options for selecting image compression quality.

At shooting mode - press DISP button  to hide icons but you can not get rid of them.

I went into auto mode and then Reset All in the tool settings. This reset all the options that I had selected, however it did not change anything to do with compression quality. I still only have L, M1, M2, and S under the Image Quality option. There are no SuperFine options, unless I change to Program mode. 

The L, M1,M2,and S is the pixel size of the  image.

The superfine and fine option of image compression quality from Func/set, use arrow to move and select superfine.

If no supefine options then this camera needs to be checked by canon.

Correct L, M1, M2, and S are the pixel sizes. However, in Program mode, the Superfine options are grouped in the same listing as these pixel sizes. In Program, the options are sL, L, SM1, M1, M2, sS, or something like that. In Auto, the Superfine options are not visible in the menu and the only options are L, M1, M2, and S, with no indication of the "S" for superfine. 

Corrections: In auto mode, image compression quality is not an available option, other modes is Ok.

That "s" thing is for small pixel size for emailing photo but not for compression quality.

I stop for this thread.

Announcements