Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

G9X Download Problem

After taking a few practice shots with my new G9X Mark II I attempted to download my images to my PC. Following the instructions in the manual resulted in this problem. The camera found my Wi-Fi network OK then jumped to the next screen asking me to select my device  which in this case my camera identified as my PC, "HP-Owner." When I selected it the next screen read:  Connecting, connected device: HP- Owner where the icon just spinned endlessly without connecting and going to the next step. Give me a clue. Can someone help me with this issue, please!

Super Contributor

Re: G9X Download Problem

Your PC is not connected to wifi.

On the bottom right screen click on airplane icon and see if it is wifi connected.

Product Expert

Re: G9X Download Problem

Hi Almc,

Thank you for posting.

Before you begin, please ensure the date (including the year), time (24 hour clock), time zone and daylight savings settings are correct and match the settings of the network you're you're using for the connection.

Please note: If you use a virtual private network (VPN) with your internet connection, if your connection is to an area outside your time zone, you may not be able to establish a wireless connection for your camera to your computer.  In a case like this, if you're unable to reconfigure your VPN settings (This is pretty uncommon.), we recommend the transfer of images, using your camera's USB terminal.

Next, have you installed "CameraWindow DC 8.10.9b for Windows" (at a minimum) from your camera's support site and registered on the Canon iMAGE Gateway (https://ps.ciggws.net/iims-front/cig/loginIims.do)?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.