cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7xii vignetting

rocketmann
Contributor

Have new G7xii which exhibits severe vignetting when shooting RAW at widest angle. This is not apparent when using "Quick Look" in Finder Mac OS X Sierra. But when I import the RAW file into Affinity Photo it is quite pronounced. Have others experienced this or do i have a lens problem?

Thanks for your thoughts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@rocketmann wrote:
I think I understand what you're saying. So to bring this full circle and answer my original concern which was should I be seeing severe vignetting on my RAW files shot at 24mm the answer is yes?
Thanks for your help and yes, the acronym FOVCF is as you guessed.

Whether or not you see vignetting comes from the lens.  Vignetting in RAW files can be easily corrected in post-processing.  The Canon software should be able to correct it.  Third party software packages may not offer the support.for lens correction of a G7x II.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

@rocketmann wrote:
Thanks for clarification. So the FOVCF for the G7xii is 1.0 according to Canon. As I understand this there should be no cropping required. Is this right?

You've lost me.  What is FOVCF?  I am not familiar with your specification.  I do not understand your comment about cropping, either.

Another way to describe the relationship between focal length and image sensor size is AOV, Angle of View, something which I have not seen specified anywhere for the G7x Mark II. 

rocketmann
Contributor
I think I understand what you're saying. So to bring this full circle and answer my original concern which was should I be seeing severe vignetting on my RAW files shot at 24mm the answer is yes?

@rocketmann wrote:

Whether or not you see vignetting comes from the lens.  Vignetting in RAW files can be easily corrected in post-processing.  The Canon software should be able to correct it.  Third party software packages may not offer the support.for lens correction of a G7x II.

Announcements