cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7x mk 2 will not connect to Samsung note 8

dmimac1
Apprentice
Everything was working fine till android update few days ago.

Camera will no longer connect as phone comes up with message that internet may not be available.

I would really appreciate some help with this.
3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@dmimac1 wrote:

Camera will no longer connect as phone comes up with message that internet may not be available.

If your phone is displaying that type of message after an OS update, then it would appear that you have more of a phone problem than a camera problem.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@dmimac1 wrote:

Yup, it is a Galaxy issue related to the update.  The good news is that there seems be a simple fix.  

You need to reboot your phone.  That’s geekish for “turn your phone off, and turn it back on.”  Most folks seem to need to do it at least twice.  My guess is that the update still isn’t complete until after the 2nd or 3rd reboot.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Dmimac1,

Thank you for posting.

Because the connection for your camera is ad hoc, there is no internet connection.  When you're on your phone's Wi-Fi connection screen, choose the camera, as you normally would.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements