cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7X Mark II missing screw for the screen

ChristianD
Apprentice
Recently on my canon g7x Mark II I lost a screw that holds my screen in place. I contacted Canon and they said they won’t send me a new screw I would have to send my camera in same with all local shops. Any idea where I can get this screw????
11 REPLIES 11

I assume it's not still under warranty? If it is, you'd be crazy not to send it in. It would be a fine opportunity to have it cleaned and inspected at Canon's expense. A camera sent to a Canon shop comes back looking like new.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Here's my fix hope this helps... https://youtu.be/lmm0CWohG8I

ChristianD
Apprentice
Great idea but sadly it’s not under warranty anymore.

"It would be a fine opportunity to have it cleaned and inspected at Canon's expense even at your own expense."

Best idea.  Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Dojr413
Apprentice
Canon is a rip-off sad they can’t send you a screw. Check eBay

John_
Authority

Local and online hobby shops have tiny screws like that

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

You might try looking at the thrift stores at some of the $2.00 point & shoot film cameras. You'll very likely find one that's assembled with a fair number of little teeny-tiny screws. That's where I got the hardware to reattach the swivel LCD screen on my old Powershot A620.

duffyemma17
Apprentice
I had the same issue today and I went to a watch repair shop. They have similar size screws and ended up working out! paid $5 and all good now. also seems like stronger screws. an eyeglass repair shop may have similiar screws also

yes good idea, eyeglass, watch repair/jeweler places might have them

Announcements