Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

G7X Mark II missing screw for the screen

Recently on my canon g7x Mark II I lost a screw that holds my screen in place. I contacted Canon and they said they won’t send me a new screw I would have to send my camera in same with all local shops. Any idea where I can get this screw????
Esteemed Contributor

Re: G7X Mark II missing screw for the screen

I assume it's not still under warranty? If it is, you'd be crazy not to send it in. It would be a fine opportunity to have it cleaned and inspected at Canon's expense. A camera sent to a Canon shop comes back looking like new.

Bob
Boston, Massachusetts USA
New Contributor

Great idea but sadly it’s not under warranty anymore.
VIP

"It would be a fine opportunity to have it cleaned and inspected at Canon's expense even at your own expense."

Best idea.  Smiley Happy

A lot less stuff for 2018 but still a lot of Canon stuff. Along with, a lot of other stuff.
New Contributor

Canon is a rip-off sad they can’t send you a screw. Check eBay
Reputable Contributor

Local and online hobby shops have tiny screws like that

Highlighted
Super Contributor

You might try looking at the thrift stores at some of the $2.00 point & shoot film cameras. You'll very likely find one that's assembled with a fair number of little teeny-tiny screws. That's where I got the hardware to reattach the swivel LCD screen on my old Powershot A620.