Canon Community Canon Community

Esteemed Contributor

Re: G7X Mark II - No WiFi Software for Mac OS 10.11 and No USB Image Transfer to Mac Photos

"Right now I am most concerned that I can charge my camera with a USB cable but the same cable will not work to transfer images to my Mac using Photos."

Where did the cable come from?  Some cheap cables have only the power conductors, and make no data connections, at all!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Occasional Contributor

Re: G7X Mark II - No WiFi Software for Mac OS 10.11 and No USB Image Transfer to Mac Photos

I saw that suggestion in another post someplace, but I cannot find anything about turning off or disabling wifi in the G7X Mark II's User Guide, or at the Canon website.  Do you know how to turn it off?

Occasional Contributor

Victory!

I was coming back to my computer to try another USB cable I found around my house when I saw Conway, NH's last post and responded to it.

Then I tried the other cable and it works!  Apparently the other cable I was using was OK for charging but not for data transmission.  The second cable I just found seems to work for charging and for data transmission!  

Neither one is a Canon product.  I have two Canon USB cables that came with previous Canon cameras, but they both have USB 2.0 Mini-B 5 Pin connectors.  The G7X Mark II, unlike the G7X, requires a USB 2.0 Micro-B 5 Pin connector.  

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I would like to point out that in other threads in this forum Canon product experts have confirmed that Canon cameras do not connect wirelessly to Mac computers running on macOS 10.11 El Capitan and macOS 10.12 Sierra because Canon Wireless CameraWindow application is not compatible with macOS.

Canon states in its own software release notes for the latest CameraWindow DC 8.10.10b update: „Wi-Fi connection is not available with 10.11/10.12“ (quote).

The Canon web site also list all recent CameraWindow software updates for macOS 10.11 El Capitan and macOS 10.12 Sierra as incompatible! https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/canon-software)

Canon Wireless CameraWindow software has been incompatible with macOS since macOS 10.11 El Capitan was released in 2015. Smiley Sad

Canon is wasting the time of thousands of its customers as Canon does not make it clear at the time of camera purchase that Canon cameras do not support  wireless connection to Mac-computers. Smiley Sad

There is still no clarification from Canon about when OS El 10.11 El Capitan and 10.12 Sierra will be supported, - or if the company will ever support mac OS in this matter. Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad