cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7X Mark II - No WiFi Software for Mac OS 10.11 and No USB Image Transfer to Mac Photos

NHCanonUser
Contributor

My subject line says it all - Canon does not appear to have any wifi software to allow my new G7X Mark II to link to El Capitan or later, and although my camera charges fine when connected to my Mac with a USB cable, Mac Photos does not recognize that a camera has been plugged in and images are ready for download.

In case anyone asks, yes, I did turn on image review in the camera after I plugged in the USB cable.  Still no recognition from Mac Photos.

So the only way I can transfer images to my Mac is with a card reader.  TG the card reader works!

12 REPLIES 12

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Turn off wifi if you connect by cable. See if that helps.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I saw that suggestion in another post someplace, but I cannot find anything about turning off or disabling wifi in the G7X Mark II's User Guide, or at the Canon website.  Do you know how to turn it off?

Victory!

I was coming back to my computer to try another USB cable I found around my house when I saw Conway, NH's last post and responded to it.

Then I tried the other cable and it works!  Apparently the other cable I was using was OK for charging but not for data transmission.  The second cable I just found seems to work for charging and for data transmission!  

Neither one is a Canon product.  I have two Canon USB cables that came with previous Canon cameras, but they both have USB 2.0 Mini-B 5 Pin connectors.  The G7X Mark II, unlike the G7X, requires a USB 2.0 Micro-B 5 Pin connector.  

Announcements