cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7X Mark II - Making Photos Lush

classz
Apprentice

Hi,

I've been trying to make my Canon G7X Mark II take more lush photos of nature (where the green colors are more pronounced / emphasized):

* I've tried switching to "P" mode -> Picture Style -> Playing around with the different modes.

* Nothing really stood out as being "lush".

* In what other ways can I change the picture in such a way to get this effect?

Thanks so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You probably want a bit more "saturation" but a little goes a long way in certain light.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@classz wrote:

Hi,

I've been trying to make my Canon G7X Mark II take more lush photos of nature (where the green colors are more pronounced / emphasized):

* I've tried switching to "P" mode -> Picture Style -> Playing around with the different modes.

* Nothing really stood out as being "lush".

* In what other ways can I change the picture in such a way to get this effect?

Thanks so much!

Not exactly sure what you are looking for.  The term “lush” is meaningless to me, but do not bother explaining it.  The “Landscape” Picture Style in Canon cameras can be used to boost color.  If you want more boost than that, then I suggest for you to download your images to computer and process them there.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for the quick reply!

By "lush", I mean more vivid colors - for example, the green will look brighter.

Other than the "landscape" setting - is there anything else that can be done on the camera itself? Maybe playing with the color temperature?

Thanks

You probably want a bit more "saturation" but a little goes a long way in certain light.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Yes, that worked, thank you!!!

Announcements