cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elph 360 Color not right?

Camera2
Contributor

Hi, I was given an Elph 360 and my old Elph got the perfect color when I left it on the auto setting. This new Elph 360 doesn't, even when I use the Program setting and adjust the AWB to the different lighting conditions. Prefer not to use the flash indoors. Any other tips? Thank you in advance!

17 REPLIES 17

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Camera2,

Thank you for posting.

To better assist you, please let us know how the the colors in your images differ from colors in the scenes in which they're being shot.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you Richard for the quick reply. As an example, hot pink roses in a vase are looking orange-red tone or brownish-pink. The background wall looks bright white when it's really darker beige.

Hi Camera2,

You're welcome.

When you're shooting:

1. In which mode were you shooting?
  2. If you manually selected your camera's lightbalance, which one did you choose?
  3. What was your light source (i.e. natural, incandescent, fluorescent, a blend of several etc)?
  4. If it's a blend, what are the light sources and which is the strongest source?
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

1. I tried in auto mode at first, then in P.
2. Under P, I tried each of the lighting settings but none were accurate color (tones were muted). Even tried vivid color and it didn't change much.
3. The lighting in the room in my example is incandescent lighting. Tried it in fluorescent lighting too but had the same problem. Under the incandescent lighting there is also vertical shades but they're closed so not much light through.

Thanks!

The only way to be sure is to get something like a Colorrite or Wolf Faust's IT8 targets.

Is there a saturation setting that might be on?

Thanks kvbarkley for replying. I'll look into your suggestions. I haven't adjusted any saturation settings previously.

Hi Camera2,

Thanks for your reply.

When you shoot photos outside (in sunshine or shade) are the colors in your images muted?

Thanks for replying again Richard. I tried outside and they were similar coloring. Example: A bright red shade looked muted on the camera.
Announcements