cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Images from "SC" to "IMG"

EnergyGuys
Contributor

I need help!  We used our Canon yesterday, like we do every day, taking 100+ pics each day for our business, and for some reason, the pics that we took yesterday saved on the camera card as "SC" images and we can't view/download them.  DOes this mean that they're "raw" images?  How can we convert them to IMG images, so that we can use them?  And, we have never had this happen before, so how can we prevent it from happening in the future?  We took some very important pics yesterday, so I have my fingers crossed that someone will know what went wrong and how we can get our pics!  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

He is not having a problem with *.sc files but SC*.* files.

I also suspect a corrupt memory card. How Often do you format the card in the camera?

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Is your Recuva software a free download or a professional one.

If it is free it has a catch - you have to pay inorder to use the file you have recovered.

I've used the free Recuva software a few times with perfect results. This time when the files didn't appear on the camera card, I purchased the Recuva Professional software before trying to recover the pix.  After I tried to recover them, they appeared in Recuva as " _SC0123.jpg", rather than the "IMG0123.jpg" pix that I usually get... I have been trying to reach the people with Recuva to see what they can do. Hopefully, I'll hear from them this morning.  Thanks-

I think this thread would have been a lot easier for members to help had the story been complete in the beginning. There was no mention the file names were as the result of running recovery software & as someone who has used a few different programs to recover files you may not even be recovering the files you think you are. Good recovery software can see any old files you deleted but haven't wrote over top of as the card refills with new images. You may still be able to recover the photos you're looking for IF they exist using better software. Many memory card manufacturers sell quality programs that work very well so if those files were important search at Lexar, Sandisk etc for their recommendated program.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Color profile is not an option on this camera.

Announcements