cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the battery pack

ibenna
Apprentice

I have seen many people with this issue - I have a powershot ELPH 530HS and it has been working with no issues. Recently it started giving an error stating that i should "change the battery pack". This is a fairly new camera and i doubt the battery is faulty. Anyone seen this issue? How did you fix it?

16 REPLIES 16

Hi Mahargg,

Thank you for posting.

I believe the best option for you is to contact us. For contact options, please use this URL: http://Canon.us/ContactCF

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I own an EOS Rebel T5i. It did not take long before it told me "Replace Battery Pack".

I ordered two replacement batteries, and a double-battery pack to mount under the camera body. Same issue.

Cleaned all contacts, without success.

placed the batteries in an EOS T3 and they worked without any problems.

I am now leery on ordering the T6, as I am afraid that the issue might be with these series of Canon brands.

This issue is intermittent, though. Sometimes, I will not get an error message, but it makes my camera unreliable (ie: wedding photo shoots) as I do not know when it will let me down.

I got the same problem with canon T6. any idea? 

Just acquired a T6 for a price I could not refuse.  Placed the battery pack I normally use on the T5i - and Bingo!  It works flawlessly.  Returned the battery pack to the malfunctioning T5i, and it turned on without a hitch!  I think that the "Jealousy Module" might have been defective!

ha ha! Yes the jealousy module was activated!

Another possibility is the battery door is not closing tightly enough to make a good battery contact or the battery contacts are dirty/damaged.in the camera or on the battery.

I've had that problem with several Canon and non-Canon cameras. My current one is a Canon A-620, and just found a workable  solution here.

https://photo.stackexchange.com/questions/64373/why-do-i-get-the-change-the-battery-pack-message-on-...

cocacody
Apprentice

I have same trouble with T6i

Announcements