cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Sx720 Wont Save photos to phone

rebecca13131
Apprentice

I recently purchased a canon sx720 and had no problems connecting it to my iphone 6 through the canon app to transfer photos up until a week ago. Mow whenever I go to save a photo it says  "failed to save image". I've tried disconnecting both my phone and camera from each other, deleting and reinstalling the app, and updating my phone but nothing works. What is the problem?

3 REPLIES 3

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Rebecca13131,

Thanks for posting.

Once changes have been, whether updated hardware, the app, the iOS or other changes, we recommend that you erase your camera's Wi-Fi settings, then reenter them.  This should allow you to reconnect to your iPhone.

To reset the wireless settings on your camera, please turn your camera on and press the MENU button. Next, navigate to the "Settings" tab (has the wrench and hammer icon), then scroll down to "Wi-Fi Settings" and press the FUNC SET button. On the next screen, choose "Reset Settings" and press the FUNC SET button. On the screen that follows, Choose "OK" and press FUNC SET again.

You're no ready to reenter the Wi-Fi settings on your camera.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm having the same problem. I've followed your recommendations, but the image won't save in my phone or tablet, nor will it upload when I select Open photo app (in this case, Photos) on Mac devices. 

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Cassscott
Apprentice
I have been having the same problem and reset it several times and the problem hasn't been fixed
Announcements