cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon SX160 IS, does not save my shooting properly!

niroz
Apprentice

Hello!

please help me in the repair or suggest an opinion related to the problem that occurs at the time of filming. The video camera starts the recording and looks like it works well, but when checking the record it announces that - Unidentified image - For pictures sometimes goes well, sometimes not, the message received is the same as the video!

I use a micro sdhc16 gb, class 10, Kingston - with Kingston adapter.

I hope to understand in my explanation, thank you!

5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

diverhank
Authority

Try a different card - an SD card, not a micro SD with an adaptor.  Rule of thumb: don't use an adaptor for applications that require constant, fast and accurate writing of data like in recording a video.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

View solution in original post

Thank you for the answer, I will try without adapter, directly with a card sd ... I'm going to buy it!
I will write the answer in a few days ... once again thank you!

@niroz wrote:

Thank you for the answer, I will try without adapter, directly with a card sd ... I'm going to buy it!

Kick the Kingston brand to the curb, and go with either Sandisk or Lexar.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Niroz,

Thanks for posting.

In addition to the use of a standard (SD) size memory card, there are a couple of other things to keep in mind:

You may have received this error message because of file corruption or data, from another device.

If you've used your memory card in another device (even another Canon camera), we recommend saving your images to your computer, then formatting your memory card, using the low level option.  For more information on formatting your camera's memory card, please click here.

In addition, if it's been a while since you've formatted your memory card, It's a good idea to format your memory card occasionally, to reduce the chances of receiving the error message.

Finally, when looking for memory cards, your camera accepts SD, SDHC and SDXC memory cards. While we don't recommend specific brands or models of cards, we do recommend that you use a memory card produced by a major manufacturer that closely adhere to the current industry standards. You may see the standards at sdcard.org.

Important: Your camera does not support memory cards using the UHS-I, UHS-II or UHS-III standards. Some such cards will have "UHS-I, UHS-II or UHS-III on them. Others will have a "1", "2" or "3" superimposed on a "U".

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

SanDisk SDHC Ultra Memory Card, 16GB, Class 10 ... is the card my bought and tested on my device, now everything works perfectly, the video files are saved and can be viewed immediately without the error message mentioned in previous posts.I hope this solution will be useful to other users too!

6 REPLIES 6

diverhank
Authority

Try a different card - an SD card, not a micro SD with an adaptor.  Rule of thumb: don't use an adaptor for applications that require constant, fast and accurate writing of data like in recording a video.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

@niroz wrote:

Kick the Kingston brand to the curb, and go with either Sandisk or Lexar.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Niroz,

Thanks for posting.

In addition to the use of a standard (SD) size memory card, there are a couple of other things to keep in mind:

You may have received this error message because of file corruption or data, from another device.

If you've used your memory card in another device (even another Canon camera), we recommend saving your images to your computer, then formatting your memory card, using the low level option.  For more information on formatting your camera's memory card, please click here.

In addition, if it's been a while since you've formatted your memory card, It's a good idea to format your memory card occasionally, to reduce the chances of receiving the error message.

Finally, when looking for memory cards, your camera accepts SD, SDHC and SDXC memory cards. While we don't recommend specific brands or models of cards, we do recommend that you use a memory card produced by a major manufacturer that closely adhere to the current industry standards. You may see the standards at sdcard.org.

Important: Your camera does not support memory cards using the UHS-I, UHS-II or UHS-III standards. Some such cards will have "UHS-I, UHS-II or UHS-III on them. Others will have a "1", "2" or "3" superimposed on a "U".

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the answer, unfortunately i bought this sd card online that does not fit in your recommendations ... it has UHS-I, it still has not come to me for tests and can not confirm whether it works or not!
I ordered this card - SanDisk SDHC Ultra Memory Card, 16GB, Class 10!
Please tell me if I can put a size of 32 gb in my device?
I found this product that matches your recommendations - Hama Gold SDHC Memory Card, 32GB, Class 10!...if I can put 32 gb in the Canon camera!
thanks for everything

SanDisk SDHC Ultra Memory Card, 16GB, Class 10 ... is the card my bought and tested on my device, now everything works perfectly, the video files are saved and can be viewed immediately without the error message mentioned in previous posts.I hope this solution will be useful to other users too!
Announcements