cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect SX530 HS to PC via wi-fi

Jamz58
Apprentice

I have a Powershot SX530 HS. I have no issues connecting it to my wireless network and seeing my PC but I can't connect to my PC. I can see the camera show up on our home network while it tries to connect but it times out after about a minute and the camera says "Connection failed". I have run the Wi-Fi Connection Setup software on my Windows 10 PC.
Any ideas how to resolve this?

13 REPLIES 13

I am trying to connect my new SX530 HS to my laptop PC via the home wifi.  The camera successfully connects to the wifi and finds/displays a few devices on the wifi network, but not my laptop? My laptop is running Windows 10.  Any ideas? 

Hi SoCalPowerCat!

Welcome to the Canon USA Community Forums!

If you haven't already, you'll want to install the most current Canon Digital Camera software from our site HERE.

Once you've done that, if you're still having issues, you'll want to reach out to our US-based team for further troubleshooting. They're available by phone during the week, or email anytime. Contact info can be found at http://Canon.us/ContactCF

We hope this helps get you up and running!

Kaylyn03
Apprentice
My computer isn't allowing my camera show on my home network can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong

Hi Kaylyn03,

Thanks for posting.

To allow us to better assist you, please let us know the following information:

• Which operating system do you have on your computer?
  • What happens when you try to connect wirelessly?
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements