cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera not recognized when trying to download photos

gjonesmemphis
Apprentice

I just loaded the software for the PowerShot A2200 to MacBook Air.  The software loaded, but when I tried to transfer my photos to the laptop, I receive an error message that the camera isn't recognized.  Any suggestions?  I have downloaded the software twice.  

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@gjonesmemphis wrote:

I just loaded the software for the PowerShot A2200 to MacBook Air.  The software loaded, but when I tried to transfer my photos to the laptop, I receive an error message that the camera isn't recognized.  Any suggestions?  I have downloaded the software twice.  

If that camera has a Wi-Fi mode, make sure it is disabled, and the camera is ready to use its' USB port.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Gjonesmemphis,

Thanks for posting.

When connecting your camera to your computer, we recommend the following:

1. When transferring images, power is critical.  Please ensure that your MacBook Air is running on A.C. power.
  2. When connecting your computer, we recommend against the use of a USB hub. We recommend connecting your camera's USB cable directly to your computer.

When your camera is connected, as described above, please turn it on, using the Playback button on the back of the camera.

With your camera connected to your computer and powered on in the playback mode:

• What do you see on your camera's display?
  • Does your computer respond when you power your camera on (i.e. with beeps, windows, etc)?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements