cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera not connecting via USB

yotekAI
Apprentice

Hello,

For some reason, my computer can no longer read my camera. When I plug in the cable, the camera screen switches and iPhoto pops up, but no camera appears in iPhoto. I have a Canon Powershot SX720 HS.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Try a new cable.  They have been known to fail without any signs of visible physical damage.  Get a quality USB data cable, not one of those USB “power” cables that they sell at gas stations.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I tried a different cable and the problem persists. Which means it's the camera or iPhoto...

Along that train of thought, I restarted iPhoto and now it's working. Problem solved?

I am having same problem. Got a new cable and no change. Uploads to my laptop with either cable but not my desktop. Was working perfectly two weeks ago. I think this camera has a variety of software issues.

k8mbrueck
Apprentice

I have the Powershot SX40 HS(purchased in 2012) and it also just stopped connecting to my computer for no reason after many years and times of transferring photos.  I have tried everything.  I have tried numerous cables, called the support center (no help), etc. 

I am going to get a new cable today, but any ideas out there?  If you say turn off the WIFI - I don't even know if my camera has that - and if it does - how do you do that?

Announcements