cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera PowerShot repair: battery? warranty?

christypeace
Apprentice

I'm sending my Camera PowerShot for repair of the lens. Do I need to include the battery when I mail it? I checked different sites. One said send it, another said don't. 

Also, when I ordered the camera from Amazon, they included a Canon limited warranty, but it was blank except for the model and body number of the camera. There's a part that's called, "Dealer Record of Canon Purchase." Do I need to fill that out and send it as well? Or is the receipt from Amazon enough?

Thanks for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Christypeace,

When you send your camera in for service, please send only the camera body.  There's no need to include any accessory, including the battery, unless you suspect that it plays a part in the issue.

If you include the battery or any other accessory, please make a note of the "included accessories" on the documentation you provide.  Please keep a copy of the documentation for your records, too.

There's no need to send the "Dealer Record of Purchase", but please include a copy of your receipt from Amazon.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Christypeace,

When you send your camera in for service, please send only the camera body.  There's no need to include any accessory, including the battery, unless you suspect that it plays a part in the issue.

If you include the battery or any other accessory, please make a note of the "included accessories" on the documentation you provide.  Please keep a copy of the documentation for your records, too.

There's no need to send the "Dealer Record of Purchase", but please include a copy of your receipt from Amazon.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your response

Announcements