cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Busy

Joeyrose1236
Apprentice

Hi,

I have the Canon Powershot SX530 HS and I am trying to factory reset it and It keeps saying "busy" and brings me back to the home screen area.. Is there a way I could fix this of should I just bring it back and get a new one? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Joeyrose1236 wrote:

Hi,

I have the Canon Powershot SX530 HS and I am trying to factory reset it and It keeps saying "busy" and brings me back to the home screen area.. Is there a way I could fix this of should I just bring it back and get a new one? Thanks!

If you can take it back, then take it back.

Most of the time, the "busy" message is supposed to mean the camera is writing to the memory card.  Make sure that you are using a compatible card from a name brand manufacturer.    

It can also mean that it is attempting to recharge a built-in flash.   I suggest charging the battery, and then remove the memory card before you turn the camera back on.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Joeyrose1236,

Thanks for posting.

If you're still encountering this difficulty, please remove your camera's memory card, close the memory card, then power your camera on. If your camera works normally, please try a different memory card.

Your camera will accept the following memory cards:

• Secure Digital standard card (SD) support capacities up to 2 GB
  • Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) that support capacities up to 32 GB
  • Secure Digital eXtended Capacity (SDXC) that support capacities more than 32GB

While we don't recommend specific brands or models of cards, we do recommend that you use a memory card produced by a major manufacturer that closely adhere to the current industry standards. You may see the standards at sdcard.org.

We recommend against the use of cards that require an adapter to fit in the camera (i.e. micro-SD or Mini-SD). The increase in the number of connections between the camera and memory card (from the memory card to the adapter, then from the adapter to the camera) makes a malfunction more likely.

Finally, your camera does not support memory cards using the UHS-I or UHS-II standards. Some such cards will have "UHS-I, UHS-II or UHS-III on them. Others will have a "1", "2" or "3" superimposed on a "U". While these cards should be backward compatible with older memory card standards, not all of them will work. Please check with the card manufacturer for details regarding backward compatibility with the Speed Class 10 or Speed Class 6 card standards.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello

I have a Canon Powershot G9 X Mark 11

The same thing has happened to me.

I am trying to Reset the camera to Basic settings/default settings and it just flashes up "Busy"

I have done everything you recommended in your email to Joeyrose 1236 on 3/2/17 but it hasnt worked.The memory card I changed to is a 32GBSDHC SanDisk.

Can anyone help?

Rosa740
Apprentice

@Joeyrose1236 wrote:

Hi,

I have the Canon Powershot SX530 HS and I am trying to factory reset it and It keeps saying "busy" and brings me back to the home screen area.. Is there a way I could fix this of should I just bring it back and get a new one? Thanks tellthebell!

The same issue happend also in my camera and did not found any solution regarding this, even i contact help center but they never reply.

saywhat
Apprentice
I bet that most likely is the problem with your camera contacts. I had this happening to my powershot SX130 because I left the batteries inside when not in use. Used SX110 where I was taking batteries out, and it's not happening. No on to figuring out how to clean the contacts
Announcements