cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After take some pictures in a raining day my camera SX50HS does not turn OFF.

Siulpaz
Apprentice

The ON/OFF button only turns ON my camera, I turn it OFF opening the battery compartment. When I press the ON/OFF button nothing happens and the lens does not go to home position.

Is there a way to fix the trouble?

2 REPLIES 2

Skirball
Authority

Take the battery out ASAP and put it (camera) in a dry place for a couple of days.  If you happen to have some desiccant (those little packets that comes in new shoes or in vitamins) toss those in a box with the camera.  All you can do is hope.

If you're feeling courageous you can try to remove the housing (I don't know if it's glued or screwed together) to aid drying and mop up any water, clean any salt bridges that may cause shorts.  Your warranty is already void because of water damage, so you don't have much to lose.  If you can't get it open without cracking the case then wait a few days and see if it works after drying out first.

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Siulpaz,
You may be able to draw the water out using a desiccant, as Skirball  suggested.

We don't recommend disassembling the camera, however.  Should service be required, please click here for service options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements