on it. Just use a pliers and tweezers to pull
these off. It works. Battery cost 1.98 + 10.00
to ship lithium battery to Illinois from digikey.com
Order an extra battery, in case you ruin one
no extra cost to ship. Again, this an identical
replacement.

View solution in original post

Thanks for the info.

I've made a note, I remember seeing it when I repaired the LCD lead but didn't take any details.... pretty sure it was a solder in type, these batteries have a strip welded onto the battery and then soldered to the pc....  not that I'm duly worried.

A pretty smallish battery though, as you say it retains the settings so there's only very little power consumption.

Dave

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Davy
Rising Star

I have the A650IS, a great camera.... be even greater if they put a x20 zoom on it.

See this link for Canon Manual and other downloads

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/digital_cameras/powershot_a_series/powershot_a650_is#...

There is a lithium rechargeable button cell behind the LCD display,  this calls for removing the two silver screws on the hinge, perhaps it is this what you mean.

I don't find this a hindrence as long as I change the batteries quickly,  this battery only retains a charge for three weeks after all power has been removed.

To charge this battery it is recommended  either batteries are fitted or  adapter left connected for 4 hours. I'm not sure if it's a soldered type or a removable type.

http://kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1011&PARTITION_ID=1&secu...

Dave

cozumeljoe
Apprentice
The battery has become obsolete. But, you can purchase
the ms614e-fl28e. This battery comes with 2 thin wire contacts
on it. Just use a pliers and tweezers to pull
these off. It works. Battery cost 1.98 + 10.00
to ship lithium battery to Illinois from digikey.com
Order an extra battery, in case you ruin one
no extra cost to ship. Again, this an identical
replacement.

Thanks for the info.

I've made a note, I remember seeing it when I repaired the LCD lead but didn't take any details.... pretty sure it was a solder in type, these batteries have a strip welded onto the battery and then soldered to the pc....  not that I'm duly worried.

A pretty smallish battery though, as you say it retains the settings so there's only very little power consumption.

Dave

Announcements