cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to connect SX540HS to Windows 10 PC with WIFI connection.

nipsnertz
Contributor

I have spent 4+ hours trying to setup my new SX540HS WIFI connection to my Windows 10 PC.  I followed all of the instructions in the User's guide, watched the Youtube instruction video, installed-reinstalled,rebooted , disabled anti-virus and firewalls  and really tried everything.   I am able to connect the camera to my WIFI network but I can’t install the driver in the Windows Device Manager.    I get to point where the Camera screen shows "Connecting"  and I can select the Camera in the Windows Device Manager but it never successfully connects... it just times out.   PLEASE HELP   I have seen posts online that other users are having the same problem.    

12 REPLIES 12

Hi nipsnertz, I had the same problem with my camera SX730 connecting to HP-LAP250/Win10. A  friend recommended to activate Win-Feature "SMB 1.0/CIFS-Client" -> and It worked!

Thanks, I will try that tonight

Thanks for posting.  I made that change and it sill would not work.  This is frustrating I get to the last step where I select my camera from the Add a Device window and the window just stalls out trying to add the driver.   I disabled antivirus and my windows firewall but it did not help.  I have tried on 3 different windows 10 computers and none will work.   

Announcements