cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot G7 X Mark II, EOS 7D Mark II: Setting Up New Windows 11 PC, Need Software Downloads

DaveOnFidalgo
Apprentice

I need to download software to transfer images via USB for a PS G7x Mark II and for an EOS 7D Mark II.  So far, all of my web searches have been fruitless.  

The old Camera Window and EOS Utility don't work for the new Windows 11 PC. I need links to download the newest compatible versions.  I need software that will download untransferred images and create dated folders in the Pictures folder for both cameras when they are connected.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Al of the software for both devices are available on their respective portals.  

Canon Support for PowerShot G7 X Mark II | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Canon Support for EOS 7D Mark II | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

A card reader is also a faithful alternative to software.  No software is needed to download images from your cameras. You can choose how to catalog and store your images.  Note that many windows programs written for earlier versions of windows might work with windows 11. 😃

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Al of the software for both devices are available on their respective portals.  

Canon Support for PowerShot G7 X Mark II | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Canon Support for EOS 7D Mark II | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

A card reader is also a faithful alternative to software.  No software is needed to download images from your cameras. You can choose how to catalog and store your images.  Note that many windows programs written for earlier versions of windows might work with windows 11. 😃

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

DaveOnFidalgo
Apprentice

Thank you Rick!

whatever1
Apprentice

The windows 10 downloader doesn't work with Windows 11. I was on the phone with Canon for an hour this morning as they treated me like a child and walked me through downloading and trying to use the windows 10 utility with windows 11 and it NEVER WORKED.  There is no Windows 11 downloader as I was assured by the Canon tech support rep this morning. This is ridiculous that Canon won't just develop proper software to fulfill a feature advertised on the product (wifi transfer) so it isn't possible to work.

Announcements