cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot A2000 IS date and time battery replacement

destilator
Apprentice

I greet all!
I have a question. How do I replace the battery that keeps the date and time in my old PowerShot A2000is camera?
I am satisfied with him. It still takes good pictures. But setting the date and time every time I turn it on bothers me.
Thanks for the answers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

It doesn't appear that the date/time battery is user-replacable.  The User Manual (see page 19) only states "This camera is equipped with a built-in rechargable lithium ion battery to save the Date/Time settings.  You can recharge the battery when inserting AA-size alkaline batteries or using the separately sold AC adapter, within approximately 4 hours. You do not need to turn the camera on for charging the battery."

My guess is that due to the camera's age, the internal lithum ion battery has degraded to the point where it's no longer chargeable.  Such batteries don't last forever.

And since the camera has been retired by Canon, it wouldn't be possible to have it repaired.

Best to look at a new camera at this point if resetting the date/time begins to be too much a hassle.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

It doesn't appear that the date/time battery is user-replacable.  The User Manual (see page 19) only states "This camera is equipped with a built-in rechargable lithium ion battery to save the Date/Time settings.  You can recharge the battery when inserting AA-size alkaline batteries or using the separately sold AC adapter, within approximately 4 hours. You do not need to turn the camera on for charging the battery."

My guess is that due to the camera's age, the internal lithum ion battery has degraded to the point where it's no longer chargeable.  Such batteries don't last forever.

And since the camera has been retired by Canon, it wouldn't be possible to have it repaired.

Best to look at a new camera at this point if resetting the date/time begins to be too much a hassle.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Hi Ricky.
Thank you for your response.

Rox44
Apprentice

It's simple: small battery CR1220 (it's marked) is in tiny holder located between the 4 AA's (beside the 2nd neg. AA). Easier to grip (fingernails?) if other batts. are removed 1st but just pulls up. Replace in the same direction. Last replaced mine in 2019 and it corrected the date problem.

You are confusing the A2000 with something else. The A2000 uses TWO AA cells, not four. And it does not have a holder for a CR1220 cell, or any other user-replaceable date/time battery.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements