cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“BUSY” When Recording - SX740 HS

Acogley81
Contributor

Hi everyone! I have a SX740 HS that I’m using for shooting video of football games. When I go to record, it sometimes works and sometimes goes “BUSY” and have to take the battery out to reset the camera. Any idea why this would be happening?

I have a picture of the micro SD card I am using and video settings. 

IMG_3754.jpeg

IMG_3755.jpeg

11 REPLIES 11

normadel
Authority
Authority

The first thing you'll hear from many is to NOT use Micro-SD cards in adapters. Numerous cameras don't seem to like them Use full-size SD cards.

Also, very large capacity cards can be problematic for some cameras. Do you have smaller onesto try?

I have a 32GB micro that I was using and was doing the same thing.

Peter
Authority
Authority

Start here.

1000006725.jpg

I will try this and see what happens.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The issue is almost certainly your memory card.  The User Guide does not list micro-SD cards as a recommend type of memory card.  Yes, that’s correct.  They are not the same as a full-size SD card.

Buy a new Class, 10, UHS-1 SD memory card from a Canon Factory Authorized Dealer.  Buying memory cards, camera batteries, and other camera accessories on web sites like Amazon is highly inadvisable.  

I buy memory cards from B&H.  I always low-level format them in the camera prior to first use, too.  Despite appearances to the contrary, memory cards do not come pre-formatted.  They have residue from production testing, which needs to be completely wiped away.  

Never swaps memory cards between cameras or devices that use them to store data.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I did buy this camera from B&H. I will look into full a full SD card.

@Acogley81 wrote:

I did buy this camera from B&H. I will look into full a full SD card.

Do not buy the largest capacity cards out there, either.  Stick to 32GB or 64GB cards.

Shoot! I ordered a 128 GB. Should I return it and get a 64 GB?

@Acogley81 wrote:

Shoot! I ordered a 128 GB. Should I return it and get a 64 GB?

A major brand like SanDisk or Lexar should be find.  What did you order?

23C74BE1-2517-47AF-B9C1-CD7A6B7A1731.jpeg2358D1B2-8E7A-4500-8A8C-6C3246FD64BA.jpeg

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements