cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

yellow will not print

jgw0
Contributor

I have an ip4920 printer.  The color yellow will not print.  The cartridge has ink in it and the breathing hole is clear.  I have taken the print head out and cleaned it.  I can force ink through the yellow to the printhead.  I have cleaned it and done 2 deep cleanings (colors) - all to no avail.

thoughts?

25 REPLIES 25

jgw0
Contributor

I have now found 1 more thing - I notice, when I print the nozzle check, that while the yellow does not print there is a very thin yellow line that does print.  This makes me believe that I still have a clogged path in the printhead.  I am now thinking of cleaning it as much as I can and then running it in my wife's ultrasonic cleaner for a bit which may fix my problem.

I would appreciate it if somebody could tell me if this is a good, or bad idea.

Thank you.........

I have a Canon Pixma and an old HP deskjet. I have no idea if your Canon printer is anything like my HP which also was not printing yellow. Still, what worked with it may work for you. An HP forum participant said she "blew it out" by finding an air hole at the top of the cartridge under a label  and then blowing through it to force the ink out. I could not find no hole in my ancient but full cartridge. With a mini rubber syringe (at drugstores, for babies' ears), one with a soft rubber applicator end, rather than hard plastic, I could generate a small area of suction over the area where the ink comes out. Eventually yellow ink emerged, and the cartridge now worked in the printer. I did this after holding the ink openings under hot water. This had worked before, but it was not enough this time. The look like mini turkey basters and cost very little.

Hi! I'm having the same issue. After about a year of no use, i bought brand new ink cartridges and rplaced all of them and the yellow isn't printing. I ran a cleaning and deep cleaning cycle and got nothing. I then pulled out the print head and ran off-boiling filtered water over it on top, and placed it on hot water soaked paper towels to pull out the bottom. (before and after, yellow was coming out). I re-installed it to still no yellow. Also my magenta's aren't aligned (no way to get them to ptint solid on the print head adjustment.)

Just curious if you found a way to make it work! Thanks!

Hi, bunnyko!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I'm using a canon i9100 printer. I already contacted help about it, and they just said to do what I had already described to them what I did.

Same problem here with MG8150.

Blue was not printing correctly although cartirdge was not empty. I launched "clean-up" twice. This solved the issue with blue but since yellow doesn't print anymore.

I replaced yellow cartirdge (which was however not empty) with a new one.

As this didn't solve the issue, I thought about defective printer head, changed printer head, realigned, launched clean-up... well almost everything I could do but yellow doesn't print.

The main reason I went for MG8150 was separated ink cartridges. This seeams to be more a problem than added value. Thus I'll buy anoter printer as I need one but for sure not Canon again.

Hi!

I have a Pixma iP4900, same issue...post new cartridges and deep cleaningS, yellow won't print.

Little help?

Thanks - Matthew

Yep mine won't print either, full cartridge, not even a small line nothing whereas other two work. Ink coming out onto a tissue. Washed it blown air through. I've had plenty of blocked cartridges over the years some I have solved, others not. However this is a new problem and I suspect printer is not comunicating with the cartridge. In my case I doubt if there will be any solution except a new printer. I don't expect any Canon employee to read this either or even to try to work out solutions to the problem that doesn't involve spending more money on their excessively priced cartridges. Things are not made to work for very long. This is the world we live in where things are made to break relatively quickly. Keeps people in jobs. All IMO

Just to add. The printer is Canon MP230 and I blew the cartridge out with an air compressor at 3 bar although there was some air leakage. The yellow came out all over so cartridge is definitley NOT blocked. I refilled it just to make sure I hadn't emptied it. Three nice lines red,blue,yellow on tissue paper. Test page no yellow (cyan) so I tried a full A4 page of only yellow. Page came out as clean as it went in, not even a smudge or even a dot of yellow.  Cartridge only 3 month old, used weekly about 10 pages/week. Any ideas out there apart from these printers and cartridges are not really fit for medium/long term use ?

Announcements