cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selphy cp910 freeze at home screen

josekleber
Apprentice

Hi,

I have a photo printer canon selphy cp910, and it's frozen at home screen.

Have anything can I do to solve it?

Thanks.

23 REPLIES 23

Reen
Apprentice
I had the same problem..am in Malaysia

Hi. i'm interested in your help because there's not customer support here in lebanon

This what I was instructed to do to get it back working.
1. remove ink tray
2. remove paper tray
3. unplug power cord
4. press power button 5 times, and then wait 1 full minute before plugging the power cord back in.
5. plug power cord back in and press the power button.
It should boot up properly at this point. Replace ink and paper trays and try to print.
NOTE: The first time I did this after rebooting, I received a "wrong paper size error" when trying to print. I pulled the paper tray back out and then replaced it again and tried printing again and it worked!
I hope this helps, please let me know.
Dan Lyons Kentucky USA

I tried Djlyons way, but doesn't do anything.

It still stays at CANON screen.  I called Swiss Canon site and they just sent an e-mail with repair shop info.  That's all!  I called the recommended repair store and says it will cost as much as cost to purchase the instrument.

Hmmmm.. Canon products only last a few years now.   It's not as good as it used to be.

Sorry to hear it did not work. After about 4months mine showed lock screen again. I tried what worked before, this time it did not. Call support again and told them of the success last time, but this time nothing worked and was told to see if it qualified for a discount towards a new printer but it was too old. Ended up buying a CP1300 because it would use the same printer packs I had bought for the CP900. Best of luck!

snowsuiss
Apprentice
I had the same problem and called Swiss Canon. They sent me an email saying go and contact certified local repair shop. The repair shop just sent an email saying they can’t repair it and they can either send back the broken machine for additional $80 ( equivalent in Switzerland) or throw them away for $65. That’s the canon service. It sucks!!

snowsuiss
Apprentice
Im not in lebanon

Rstanzyk
Apprentice
I am having the same problem. This is my second Selphy. First one failed with a cartridge jammed. Pretty disappointed in the product.

phoenix8
Contributor
have/had the same problem. Called support to no avail. They offered a small discount on a newer model. I have built a few computers in my lifetime. The problem is that the printer was not used for a long time. There must be a battery or a diode on the control board. I had my plugged in for over 24 hours and then I did the reset procedure. That is unplug the printer and press the power button 5 times, wait a few minutes and then plug it back in and power it on. Just doing the reset procedure sometimes works, but if it does not as I said, leave it plugged in for a long time.

**bleep** it happened to me too.

I have not used for 4 months this printer and today I got this surprize.

I contacted by email the Italian Canon support and they just told me to send the selphy to them. Once they have kidnapped my machine they will tell me how much it will cost me to repair or to get it back.

Ok that it is out of warranty, but this is definitely their bug, not ours...

In any case, you wrote that sometimes leaving it plugged it might help. Plugged but off or plugged with the white, nice and deadful canon logo on?

Thanks,

Maurizio

Announcements