selphy cp900 will not go to the menu screen

denise_c
Apprentice

my brand new selphy won't turn on pass the cannon "first" screen

7 REPLIES 7

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi denise_c,

If you have not done so already, I would recommend unplugging the printer and leaving it unplugged for about 10 minutes before plugging it back in.  If this does not resolve the issue, I would recommend using the Contact Us link to get in touch with one of our support reps who can provide service options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Is there any way to hard-reset-at-power-on ?

This seems like an unreasonable cause for a sub $100 printer, to be sent in for service.....

Mine suffers the same symptom, the suggested remedy (unplug for 10 mins) has no effect.

my cp900 just showing a "CANON" image, and does nothing. Last time I have used (approx 3 months) it was okay, than put back into the box, and just realized this error. The AC/DC adapotor is checked and 24V as expected. What else I can do? Thannks

I had the same issue (frozen start screen with "canon") an was able to fix it by following these steps:

1) unplug power cord

2) press the "on" button several times 

3) plug in power cord

4) Press the "on" Buttun (and hold it) until the printer starts booting

I hope this helps!

Hi,

any way to hard reset a Selphy?

Thx

Hi pogacsa,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

1/10/2021:  I am having same issue.   I can not get it to go past "canon" screen.  Then I can't get it to power off either without unplugging  it.

Has there been any resolution for this issue that looks pretty common?  Any help would be appreciated. I attempted the suggestions on this string of posts without success.

Working during the week makes it difficult to contact Canon by the "contact us" hours.

Kathy Miller

Kathym0524@gmail.com

Announcements