cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scanner not working

Ibg
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MG6220 and I can't scan documents to my computer. I was able to do it earlier but now I don't have "use scanner" icon in my main menu and quick menu. Do I have to install some extra driver or what I can do? Because I lost my CD I installed it from Canon website,  it has  all same features, right?

62 REPLIES 62

windows 10

can not scan/ windows 10/ printing is okay/cannon mx 310

Hello Imaxpr!

Thanks for responding to our message!

The PIXMA MX310 is not compatible with Windows 10. We suggest downloading the Windows 7 or Windows 8 drivers to see if that allows you to scan. For the Drivers please go here: http://Canon.us/vxyv If not please contact our Technical Support Team by phone or email here: http://Canon.us/ContactCF

We hope this helps!

I have a Pixma mx472 printer. I press the scan button, the window says "please wait a while" and then nothing happens. Not sure what to do. Thanks.

mikikay
Apprentice

I have Pixma mg5220 all in one; been using wireless for several years. I cannot scan - error message is that the printer cannot be detected.  I installed new driver tonight (the MP one with wireless) and get same message over again that the printer can't be detected on the network.  Performed easy set up on printer panel without a problem; easily found access points, etc.  Installed a few weeks ago Bitdefender for 1st time -- could this have something to do with it?  But has happened to me occasionally in past before Bitdefender with scanning, not printing, and had to reset with passphrase and all was OK.  Been about a 4-6 weeks ago last used printer or scanner.  Any advise?  Very frustrating.  Using Windows 7.

Hi mikikay,

Sometimes firewall, antivirus and spyware protection programs can prevent the printer/scanner from being detected on the network.  If you temporarily disable the BitDefender program and then attempt to scan, are you able to scan successfully?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Why can't this be fixed?

pjgibbons
Apprentice

I have a 2 year old mg5220.  Just got a new laptop with windows 8.1, and now I cannot get the scanner to work from the operation panel.  Navigator is installed, all drivers are updated and printer is showing up with network address in setup.  I can print without a problem, and I can scan from Navigator.  I can't get the scanning to work from the operation panel, which is what I use most often.  When I try to set the pc on the operation panel, my laptop doesn't show up on the list.  It sometimes lists just usb, and sometimes includes the other pc on my network.  I checked the  printer properties, and the 'enable bidirectional support' is not checked and I suspect that has something to do with my problem. 

Does anyone have any other ideas?  This is driving me crazy.

Solved my problem.  For some reason, the scanner utility wasn't installed.  I removed the printer and all drivers (good info on stragglers in this post: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1623188/catch-uninstalling-printer-drivers.html).  I then reinstalled the printer, drivers, and navigator, IJ network tool and my canon printer software.  Still wasn't having success, so in the process of poking around, I noticed that there was a canon network scan utility in the list of my installed programs, but it didn't show up on my list of apps.  Searched on the name, it came up, clicked on it to open it.  In the window that popped up it said if you plan on using the operation panel of the scanner via the network, select the name of the scanner from list below, then click ok.  Once I did that, an icon appeared on my taskbar and it has worked perfectly ever since.  

Hopefully this post will help out others spending ridiculous amounts of time trying to figure this out like I was. 

This post fixed it for me, Just use the IJ network Scan utility......

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements