cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"another computer is using the printer

geom003
Apprentice

I am using windows 10. I am receiving an error message "another computer is using the printer" and I cannot print. The other computer is clear of print and is using windows Vista. I cannot clear this message.

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Try powering off and restarting the printer. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks jrhoffman75,

Tried that but still didn't work. Have now reinstalled using the CD set up disc and it is now ok except that my other computer is not able to print. Errror message is "printer is not responding" even though the printer is recognised, there is a wifi connection and a strong signal. There is nothing in the pending tray. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5RD6EHEwn4Q

Maybe this can help
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks again for your help but sadly I have had to try Canon support. I have phoned three times today and each time I have been given a process to get my two laptops connected and working on wifi with the Pixma printer. Eventually after several downloads of drivers, one for windows 10 and another for Vista I got the Win 10 laptop working. However, the Vista laptop downloads the drivers ok and regonises the printer but when trying to print it says "printer not responding". Canon support say that the only thing I can do is try loading the drivers again after uninstalling the current drivers and printers. Done this 3 times with no success. Both of these laptops worked perfectly before this charade started. Getting seriously frustrated. 

Announcements