cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printer PIXMA MX890 stopped printing

lrcashen
Apprentice

All of a sudden my printer stopped printer and error message cassette and no paper when the cassette is clear and has paper.

5 REPLIES 5

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello lrcashen.

For testing purposes, please remove all of the paper from the cassette tray drawer on the bottom of the unit.  Then load a single sheet of paper in the tray and insert the tray back into the printer.  Once this has been done, try printing to test the unit.

If the error remains, document the exact error that is shown on the LCD display of the printer.  Also, tell us the exact size and type of paper that is being used so we can assist you further.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

katievp
Apprentice

I have the same issue. I was priniting all day then mid print, it said there was no paper, when the cassett was 1/2 full.

8.5x11. No paper jam, even tried with a single sheet.

Its like the wheels are not spinning to grab the paper. I hear them trying to spin but they arent.

This is a brand new printer. probably only made 30 prints on this thing.

Display just says Error, cassett  no paper and hit ok. doesnt solve my problem, as there is paper in the cassett

I restarted it and unpluged it, then tried again. same issue.

I'm having the exact same "out of paper" problem as katievp and have tried the solutions she tried when she posted the message.  I don't see any suggestions of solutions for her.  I'm new to the forum, so not sure if I'm looking in the right place.  Where might I find any suggestions on how to fix this problem?  

Hello.

Please check the message on the LCD display to see what paper source is specified.  It may be possible that the unit is attempting to feed from a different tray depending on what size and type of paper is selected.

If you continue to have difficulties, additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of these issues.  Please contact our support group using the link below for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

my printer has a code (b200) an says to power off an call support

Announcements