cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma mg5350 U052; how to solve

Quoty
Apprentice

Our printer Pixma mg5350 gives code U052; what to do to remove this error.

6 REPLIES 6

percent
Apprentice
Same concern on my 2 years old MG5350. And just change for a new set of cartridge...

Sorry to see your issue. My printer also died with the U052 error. The bad news is this is a known defect by Canon and your printer is most likely headed for the trash heap. Please refer to the subject “Call to Arms for the dreaded U052 Wrong Printhead Error” that’s also listed under Personal Printers in the Canon Forum.  The fact that there are over 11,000 views gives you some sense of the magnitude of the issue. There is a recourse option out there (use your Google knowledge), but any mention in this forum will mysteriously disappear.

In other words cencorship. Get yourself another printer, obviously not a Canon

PeterNorwich
Apprentice

I bought 2 Canon Pixma 5350 printers on the same day.

One is working fine the other has now come up with the error code U052.

I have tried swappong the cartridges from the working machine to the one with the error message and vice versa.

The working one continues to work the faulty one is still faulty.

Funily enough the faulty machine has hardly been used since purchased but that is the one that has gone faulty!

I have tried removing the ink cartridges and reseating the print head, as per the instuctions on the web site but it makes no difference.

Canon: How do I resolve the issue with the u052 codes please?

Replacing a printer which is still on it's first set of ink cartridges seems like an extreme wast of money!!

Funny that when switching heads didn't work, This has happen to me twice and only way I was able to fix was by replacing the head.

rkartevold
Apprentice
If you do enough research that the MX 860 isn't the only Canon Printer with this problem. Class action lawsuit is underway.
Announcements