cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new ip 7200 series printer cannot make wireless connection

jaycup
Apprentice

I have been struggling for a week trying to get my Canon ip7250 printer to make a wireless connection but all attempts have failed. Canon Support  admitted yesterday that this was a known problem and that the problem lies within the printer which has a conpatability ptoblemn with my router. If the printer had a 'screen' they have a fix for the problem but this model has no screen. I have the printer running via a usb connection and all is well but I would like to have the wireless facility so that I can print from my laptop. I do not have much hope with this problem but suggestions would be most welcome.

1 REPLY 1

buyersremorse
Apprentice

Very sorry to here that jaycup, you'll be saddend to hear they still have the same issue with the ip8720. Obvioulswy they spend all their development monies on advertising and none of software development. Crap software for networking and no display on printer makes Pixma IP8720 useless as a shared printer. Will NEVER buy another Canon printer.

Recenty bought a much cheaper multi-function printer/scaner/fax by Brother, not expecting much; It is BRILLIANT. Darn thing is networked to Win7, Win10, OSX 10.7, OSX 10.11 and Ubuntu 16.10 machines with no tears and hair tearing! So it is possible for a company that wants to make the investment in making a usable product.

Announcements