Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need mobile data off? - Selphy CP1200

mikearead
Apprentice

Hi

Just got the Selphy CP1200.

Tried it initially in direct Wi-fi mode. Using the Canon app on an android phone.

When I connect to the Selphy Wi-Fi SSID and then try and add the printer I get a message about mobile data is on and needs to be turned off.

The only way I can get the printer added is to turn mobile data off. If I don't the printer is not found.

Can anybody verify that this is correct behaviour?

If so why does mobile data need turning off? Seems an unnesseary extra step.

Thanks

Mike

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

What app is being used when this occurs?  Also, what type of mobile device are you using?

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi

> What app is being used when this occurs?  Also, what type of mobile device are you using?

Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY android app

Moto G4 plus

Thanks

Mike

Hello.

The message appears to be related to certain Android devices. 

Contact your service provider for details about the warning and to see if this can be prevented in the future.

If additional assistance is needed, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi

thanks, not sure how it' to do with the service provider , or is this somehow related to tethering (even though it's not.)

Anyhow the service provider are not going to do anything about it. especially given that they are generally usless 🙂

I presume the app triggers the message not the service provider.

Ah well

Mike

Announcements