cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my canon mp610 printer lost power

Brickman77
Apprentice

My canon was on and just lost power . cant get it to turn back on .  waited 20 min to try to get it to tuen on but no luck.  tried different outlets with no success.  Any solutions?

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi Brickman77,

Please try the following to see if the printer will power back on:

1. Ensure that the power cord is plugged securely into the printer, as the cord may have slightly come loose and prevented full power to be received by the printer.

2. Ensure that the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet instead of going through a surge protector that is plugged into a wall outlet, as sometimes ports on a surge protector may no longer work.

3. If you have another power cord you can use with the printer, please see if using that power cord will allow the printer to power on.

If the printer still does not turn on after these steps, it will require servicing; please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

HI. My Pixma MP610  was set to online /Power On, after 12 hrs. It booted and everything looked normal.
As I started to generate output, my connection got lost: printer looked switched off. Tried different outlets and cables, power came back-on starting position. Display showed E504 or E502: pronter head not recognized and the printer got Powerr OFF by itself. No solution found so far (exchanged the printerhead and ink tanks, no results...

Any good option for me?

Announcements