my canon MP495 won't print. Says it is offline. How can I get it online

unomeemaw
Apprentice

my canon MP495 won't print.  Says it is offline.  How can I get it online

11 REPLIES 11

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi unomeemaw,

How is your printer connected?  Are you using a USB connection or going wireless?  If you are using the printer with a wireless connection, click here.  If you are using the USB cable to connect the printer, click here.

For time sensitive-matters, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

alsalaami
Apprentice

My canon lazer printer shows it offline while the USB is properly connected, every time it bothers me with such act, 

alsalaami
Apprentice
simply go to Devices and printer in the control panel and double left click on your printer logo and select printer from the box and uncheck ( Use printer offline ) it will work but after 5 minutes, you can restart your computer if you can not wait longer.

travelady-2
Apprentice

I cannot get my printer cannon mp 495 to print it says I'm off line and I'm not off line what can I do? I have checked all connections

Hi travelady-2,

What version of Windows are you using; Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10?

Are you using your PIXMA MP495 with a USB cable or are you using your PIXMA MP495 wirelessly?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

danwsaunders
Apprentice

Canon Pixma MP495 used with mac mini (and latest sofware update as of 1/17).   Just  like others, when the USB is connected it prints, and after 'configuration' with the USB connected using canon wireless utility, after disconnecting the USB, it say's continually it's 'offline'.  I've done all the deleting, and readding, and it's not working.  I've added the correct network password for my home networ, etc....Always goes back to 'offline'.  What's up?

Hi danwsaunders,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

loretta82
Apprentice

@unomeemaw wrote:

my canon MP495 won't print.  Says it is offline.  How can I get it online

jojo6257
Apprentice

i PRINT LAST 20 MAY 2017 BUT NOTHING IS POSSIBLE SINCE.  SAY IT IS NOT CONNECTED  ???? hOW CORRECT IT ? I NEED TO PRINT MY PLANE TICKET QUICKLY.

Announcements