cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ip3600 will not print from large black cartridge

valeriewood
Apprentice

Hi,

I have an ip3600 printer that will not print black text from the large black cartridge. We thought the print head was blocked so eventually ended up buying a brand new print head. Have installed that, put new cartridges in and it still does not print from that black. Is there anything else we can do to work out why it's not printing from that cartridge?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

What type of files are you trying to print? Are the RGB, grayscale or B&W? Are they jpegs, Word or PDF files?

Look thru the printer's driver settings dialog and see if you can find an indication that they're printing as an image or photo, charts and graphs or text only. There might also be a setting that allows you to select grayscale or B&W printing only. I don't know for a fact but the large black ink cartridge may not come into usage under all conditions. It may require a text only file set to print as B&W only.

Try changing a few of the driver settings if possible and see if the printer responds differently. The printer's user manual may clear up some things too. And probably better than I can.

This problem just started with my printer also (March 2019). The printer is over 10 years old. I printed a test pattern to see if nozzles needed cleaning - all nozzles printed perfectly except the pattern for the large black cartridge did not print at all. I did a deep cleaning - same result - and a second deep cleaning (these seemed to drain nearly a half tank of black ink). There is not the slightest trace of any ink from the large black ink cartridge. Trying to print text (Word document) results in a completely blank page. 

Announcements