cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iP7220 printing with Red hue

djkeith321
Apprentice

I have tried everything I can think of and have Googled this issue so many times that Google is sending me messages saying "Just give up."  Here  is what is happening and the facts so far.

I have a Canon iP7220 printer. I use it and it's twin (I have 2) daily to print DVD/CD's and artwork. Hands down this thing has been the best $80 I have ever paid for a printer. Flawless, never any problems. That why I bought 2. But..

the other day one of them started printing with a red hue making everything either way too red or pinkish. Almost sun fade damage look. I did the old cleaning of the heads. Everthing looked good. No clogging. Changed out the cartridges just in case, made no difference. If I manually kick the blues up and the red down I can get an okay picture but I have never had to over compinsate to get a good pic before. I even took out the ink heads and cleaned them. No difference. I uninstalled and re-installed the printer and updated drivers... same thing.Then I bit the bullet and called customer support. Told them the story and the solution was...I don't know. That is what tech support said. They did not know. Absolutely nothing changed. Same computers, same programs and settings, same cables, same ink, same pictures and paper...nothing is different. Just one day...started printing too red. I have had this printer for about 6 months,

Anyone have any ideas or have seen this...please help me before I lose it. I am out of solutions.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for the response but as I mentioned I did call support and although they were very friendly and professional about everything they stated they did not know what to tell me. It was not in a "I don't care" way but more of a "they don't know what is causing the problem" response. I will try again but if anyone can advise onthis please do so. Thanks.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Oftentimes this is caused by a condition called "double profiling" where you have both the printer and the software program configured to control printing.

What software product are you printing from?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Sorry for the late response. I did not see the email but if you can help...great. I am running both printers from 2 PC's but either or can print from the other. The main program I am running off DVD covers is an old Memorex expressit studio but when printing onto the DVD surface as I have done with amazing results prior was Canon image garden. Software that is included with the ip7220 out of the box. I have put most things on hold until I can figure this out but any suggestions are appreciated.

If I understand correctly Canon Image Garden prints OK, but the Memorex software doesn't?

And one printer has the problem and the other doesn't?

I'm not familiar with that printer, but it sounds like the head can be removed. If so, can you swap heads and see what happens?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements