cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iP4920 usage

LNWuser
Apprentice

I am considering purchasing the iP4920.  My use will be primarily printing on CD/DVD disks.  And at that, it may only be every few weeks between printings.  I am concerned that the lack of use will affect the heads or print cartridges.  Of course, any printer I choose would seem to have the same issue; I note that users of the Epson printers with this capability bemoan the trouble caused by occasional use – cleaning cartridge uses and unacceptable amount of ink.

What are your comments about this printer application?  Can I mitigate the risk between uses by removing the ink/heads?

Thanks for the help.

Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello LNWuser.

Unfortunately, with any inkjet printer, you may run into drying or clogging nozzles if the printer has not been used for an extended period of time.  This is also the case with the iP4920. 

To help prevent this, we recommend that you perform a simple Nozzle Test which can be done from the printer itself.  With a plain sheet of paper loaded, you can hold down the 'Resume' button on the printer for two green flashes and the test pattern will print.  This basic test will print a small pattern from each nozzles which would help prevent clogging.

We do not recommend that the parts are removed for long term storage.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello LNWuser.

Unfortunately, with any inkjet printer, you may run into drying or clogging nozzles if the printer has not been used for an extended period of time.  This is also the case with the iP4920. 

To help prevent this, we recommend that you perform a simple Nozzle Test which can be done from the printer itself.  With a plain sheet of paper loaded, you can hold down the 'Resume' button on the printer for two green flashes and the test pattern will print.  This basic test will print a small pattern from each nozzles which would help prevent clogging.

We do not recommend that the parts are removed for long term storage.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements