Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
caseychr

canon mp530 PGBK ink cartridge will not print.

canon mp530 PGBK ink cartridge will not print. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
caseychr

Re: canon mp530 PGBK ink cartridge will not print.

MORE INFO: I have replaced the cartridge.  cleaned everything I can and performed all the cleanings that I can from my laptop.  simply will only print in color and does not recognize PGBK

Please use plain text.
Product Expert
Michael

Hello caseychr.

Please double check to make sure that the bright orange tape was removed from the top of the ink tank.

Unfortunately, if the issue persists after cleanings and deep cleanings have been done, the unit may require service for correction.

Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sweetczz

Is this a generic ink?  The chip sometimes can't be read by the printer if it is.  Did the inks ever work if they were generic and then just stopped working?  Or if they are generic they never worked from the start?  Sometimes you need to return the cartridge for a new one with a better printer chip.  Canon doesn't like people to buy affordable inks so they make it harder for people to use generic inks ;P      Sometimes I just remove the cartridge a few times and put it back in.  Sometimes it works, but when it doesn't I return it to the store and get another and that usually works.

Please use plain text.