cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 can't see my scanner (MX892). How can I fix this?

sgluning
Apprentice

I just got an MX892 and the CD wouldn't install (said the printer driver was in use).  I worked on this for awhile and gave up and installed the primter driver from the Canon website.  Now I can print and I can scan with the Canon utility.  But, Windows 8 Fax and Scan can't see the scanner.  It used to see my old MX882 just fine (and that software loaded just fine).

Any help on how to resolve this is appreciated.  Steve

2 REPLIES 2

sgluning
Apprentice

I figured out how to install the Windows 8 driver but FAX&SCAN doesn't enable multiple scans = separating multiple photos in a single scan pass...is this possible with the MX892?

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi sgluning,

Glad to hear you were able to install the drivers.  The Windows Fax and Scan program will connect you to the very basic functions of your scanner.  The more advanced features (like edge detection, scanning from ADF, etc) are available when using the Canon scanning software.  I recommend using the software (IJ Scan Utility or MP Navigator EX) for your photo scans since it will give you much more robust options including scanning multiple photos in a single pass.

We have a great guide with more information on scanning using the MP Navigator EX program available on our Knowledge Base:  Scan using MP Navigator EX - MX892 (WIndows).

If you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements