cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the PIXMA MX892 scan a document into a PDF?

Diplomat
Apprentice

5 REPLIES 5

Ramona
Authority

Hello Diplomat,

Yes, there is a program that comes with the printer named MP Navigator that can assist you with scanning in documents as PDF files.  The MP Navigator program can be downloaded from the Canon USA website.  The following link will take you to the initial download page for your PIXMA MX892:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx892#Dr...

Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1.  Select your operating system from the "SELECT OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu, then please use the "SELECT OS VERSION" drop-down menu to select the version of the operating system that is on the computer where will be installing the software.  (You may need to scroll down in the list to find the version of your operating system). 

2.  Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "SOFTWARE" section and click the MP NAVIGATOR EX file.  When you do, another page will appear giving details of the file you are about to download will appear. 

3.  Please scroll down on the Details page and agree to the terms of the disclaimer message to continue with the download process by clicking on the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button.  After clicking the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button, follow the instructions to download and install the software.  The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.

If you need assistance scanning a document in as a PDF after downloading MP Navigator, please reply back with what operating system is on your computer (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or Mac OS version) and we will be happy to provide instruction.

Hope this helps!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have downloaded n installed MP Navigator EX 5.1.  I could not get it running.  It complains bout Not being able to start..

I could RMC on my 'Canon MX890 series Printer WS' printer Icon to pick Scan.  Then i could create an image file from

a scanned doc.  could not figure out how to trigger OCR capability.  Scan to to PDF? use a tool that can create word docs from PDF?

If it says ".WS"- that means you are using a generic Windows driver. You would need to install the MP drivers from the website in order for MP Navigator to work.

http://usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx892#Driver...

jimwbruce
Apprentice

I am using Windows 7.  I scan a 20 page document and I get 20 PDF files.  I have looked in MP Navigator and can't find a setting that will MERGE these 20 to one, nor do I see a way to default to "save to single file".

Can you assist? I need more help than "see MP Navigator".

Thanks

Jim Bruce

I found MP Navigator already installed fromthe original Canon pinter install, using the MX892

I clicked on Start Button--[Search programs and files] MP-Navigator

After finding the MP-Navigagtor EX 5.1 file I dragged it to my taksbar because I needed it frequently.

Click on the EX 5.1 icon , I left the document feeder empty

At first the system tried to use the empty doc feeder,then it went to a setup menu

Scan photos or documents and Save them as PDF files

IMPORTANT  Select  (x)  Automatically save the image to your computer after scanning it

Set image type to  "PDF multiple pages"  <--Crucial setting

Make other default settings as you please 

You can set the other settings as you please, but  I found it useful to create a folder c:\scans so that it didn't file pdfs by my logon name documets--pictures etc. where I would have a hard timefinding them. When you have finished your setup, click apply

Put your document in,

Scan it this time to a sensible "multiple -page to single pdf file" 

Jim

Announcements